Telit Partners with Deutsche Telekom for Innovative nuSIM Solution
05/02/2019 | Source: IoT Business News
The achievement is the latest milestone in Telit’s longstanding partnership with Deutsche Telekom to grow the IoT market by providing breakthrough technologies and services.
- Streamlines design and manufacturing processes by eliminating the need for contacts, circuit paths, card holders and other components associated with physical SIMs.
- Enables ultra-compact device form factors that would not be possible with a physical SIM card, such as healthcare wearables and industrial sensors.
- Maximizes battery life by leveraging advanced power saving methods that are achievable only when the modem and SIM share the same underlying hardware.
- Enables faster IoT deployments because each module ships with a fully operational integrated SIM.
- Eliminates overhead costs related to SIM logistics, such as stock keeping and handling.
nuSIM enables a new generation of IoT devices, applications and business models that would not be possible due to the physical SIM card’s inherent cost, complexity, size, power consumption and other limitations. nuSIM’s benefits also complement mobile IoT technologies, which are designed to enable a wider range of IoT devices and use cases by reducing cost, size and power requirements.
Omer Harel, Director of SIM Technologies at Telit, said:
“nuSIM is a game-changer for IoT by enabling a new range of devices that are inexpensive to design, manufacture and own, have significantly longer battery-life, and can be rapidly deployed.”
“Telit’s expertise positioned us quite uniquely to provide guidance to the nuSIM initiative particularly in constructing test cases and running them for Deutsche Telecom.”
“Deutsche Telekom is proud to work with Telit and other industry-leading partners to bring nuSIM to the market,” said Stefan Kaliner, Head of UICC Development at Deutsche Telekom.