Global Net Solutions Unveils Its IoT S-Badge for Increased Safety, Security and Business Insights
01/04/2018 | Source: IoT Business News
Easy-to-Use, Smart Safety and Security Solution Leverages AI and Machine Learning to Rewrite Security Standards for Every Campus or Corporate Environment.
Global Net Solutions (GNS), today unveiled its S-Badge, a revolutionary IoT-based security solution designed to improve safety and tackle insider threats and breaches in high security environments, such as airports, hospitals, school districts and college campuses, government agencies and more.
The S-Badge solution is the world’s first security system leveraging a multi-sensor Bluetooth low energy beacon, multiple data sensors and High Frequency RFID technology to track people, property and assets with location monitoring in indoor and outdoor settings. Each badge is individually customized with a printed photo ID on a scratch-proof and water-resistant beveled surface.
Unlike other systems, the S-Badge leverages the latest IoT technology, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to enhance security and unlock an entirely new range of functionality and data that go far beyond today’s standards. The proprietary, turn-key solution utilizes an innovative system of on-site LoRa gateways and a battery-smart, all-in-one authentication badge that verifies a user’s identity based on location, a biometric signature and a preprogrammed NFC chip. The S-Badge also features a panic button to discreetly signal an emergency, along with the badge’s location.
“We’re living in a time when security and privacy have never been more important, yet no company is tracking people once they’re in the door,” said Michael Elias, director of business development, Global Net Solutions.
“Existing systems let the fox in the hen house, so we developed the S-Badge. Now you can be 100% sure of who is accessing what, where and when, without risk of security breaches from negligence, oversights or abuse. Most importantly, we only track individuals when they are within the campus or facility, not at home or off duty.”
The S-Badge’s unique three-factor authentication process provides the highest level of security while solving the most common problems that plague existing systems, such as badge abuse and lost or stolen badges. This process includes:
- Biometric Authentication – the S-Badge must be activated using advanced fingerprint verification, which also measures moisture, temperature and electricity in the live skin to ensure that only the authorized individual can activate the badge
- Location Authentication – the S-Badge communicates with surrounding gateways to verify its authenticity and exact location at any time
- Secure Element Authentication – an individually programmed NFC chip verifies whether the user is authorized to access a specific area or assets
To further enhance security, the S-Badge utilizes advanced AI and machine learning to create a prediction model, which can help identify threats in real time based on past behavior and location data. When the prediction model recognizes unusual behavior – like spending too much time in a restricted area – the system can send an alert to security to notify a potential problem.
Advanced features, like location monitoring, the emergency distress signal and machine learning prediction modeling capabilities, are powered by the stationary gateways throughout a structure or site that communicate with the S-Badge. This is an ideal method for protecting an individual’s privacy – as the badge cannot be tracked off site – but still enables data and business insights that can increase employee productivity, improve the customer experience and further enhance safety and security.
“Existing systems and standards are riddled with flaws – they’re simply outdated. Also, there is a gold mine of data that, up until now, has been completely ignored,” Elias added. “What we came up with is the first complete system designed to work in any environment – it’s scalable, easy to use and can be deployed immediately.”
Furthermore, the S-Badge features:
- LoRa® Transceiver Module – low-power, long range radio for communication with gateways up to five miles away
- Panic Button – any user can discreetly signal an emergency along the badge’s exact current location
- Flexible Infrastructure – cloud-based or on premise server infrastructure giving customers complete control, liability and security of their own data
- Wireless charging – capability via an NFC wireless charging pad
Contributed by IoT Business News